This is one of my favorite ways to use all of the beautiful organic vegetables from our weekly CSA box. It’s extra nourishing with bone broth.
There is a lot of wiggle room with the vegetables. Use what you have and feel free to make substitutions.
This intentionally makes a huge quantity of soup. I like to make big batches so I can freeze some and take leftovers to work. I use my giant 7 1/2 quart Le Creuset dutch oven for this.
- 2-3 Tb EVOO
- Large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (3 cups) chopped tomatoes (I prefer the Pomi brand), or fresh tomatoes
- 8 cups (64 oz) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, quartered in bite sized pieces
- 2 large zucchini, quartered and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces (can also use frozen)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Using a large Dutch oven or stock pot, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Then add the garlic and stir for a minute.
Add tomatoes and broth, and bring to a simmer. Add vegetables, except collards, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Top with shredded Parmesan (optional) and a drizzle of EVOO.
Pin this Post for Later!