This recipe from PaleOMG for double chocolate cookies is a favorite. Healthy? Not really. But a better option than many others when you need a sweet treat. Be sure to read labels and look for gluten-free and dairy-free cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
- 1 cup almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or organic sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder (I like the TCHO brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup gluten-free and dairy-free mini chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine almond butter, sugar and egg. Slowly incorporate the cocoa powder into the mixture. Then add baking soda, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips and combine well using your hands. Scoop out about 2 Tb each and roll into 15 balls. Place on prepared baking sheet and press down gently using a fork. Cook for 10 minutes, then let cool on baking sheet for another 5-10 minutes out of the oven. Transfer to a cooling rack or plate.