This is a nice, light summertime dish. It’s my go-to for a picnic, but also makes a quick lunch. I like to serve it with my new favorite almond flour tortillas from Must B Nutty or homemade wraps. It’s also good with Mary’s Gone Crackers, which are gluten-free but not grain-free. Or serve it inside half an avocado or with lettuce boats.
You can use any cooked chicken with this. My preference is to buy a whole free-range chicken to make bone broth, and then use the meat in this dish.
- ~4 cups chicken, cooled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4-5 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Primal Kitchen Mayo is my favorite, or you can make your own)
- 3 Tb whole grain mustard (read the labels to make sure it’s gluten-free)
- salt & pepper
Combine all ingredients and season to taste with salt & pepper. Keep refrigerated and eat within 3 days.