This might just be the best broccoli of your life. Just be sure not to overcook it. If it’s mushy, then you’ve cooked it too long. I adapted this recipe from the Amateur Gourmet.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into large florets (make sure they are totally DRY)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 Tb avocado oil + 1 Tb additional (I use Primal Kitchen brand)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- Optional – 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts*
- Optional – 3 Tb fresh basil, julienned*
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Arrange broccoli on large baking sheet in an individual layer and add garlic. Drizzle with oil so that each piece gets some. Then season generously with s&p.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, maintaining a crisp texture – be sure not to overcook! Remove from oven and arrange on serving tray. Top with a little bit more avocado oil, or use extra virgin olive oil or truffle oil. Sprinkle with lemon zest and lemon juice. Finish with toasted pine nuts and basil.
*note – my easy weeknight version usually ends after the lemon, just to keep things simple and quick.