This recipe is a staple at our house for summer salads and as a dip for colorful raw vegetables. It’s also great with buffalo chicken and potatoes. Stick with a mayonnaise free of canola oil. I use dried herbs for the sake of time, but fresh is always best.
- 1/2 cup Paleo compliant mayo (my favorite is Primal Kitchens Mayo)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened/unflavored dairy-free milk substitute* plus more as needed
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried dill (or 2 tsp fresh)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or 2 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 small garlic clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
*my favorite is NutPods but canned coconut milk also works.
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well. Add more salt + pepper if needed. If using as a dip, a thicker consistency may be desired. For dressings I thin out with a little more milk.
Use on a salad, or serve with sliced raw vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, radish and squash.