This recipe was inspired by my favorite restaurant in Boulder called The Kitchen. My 4 year old loves this dish and calls this “the yellow one” because of the turmeric. I sneak turmeric in wherever I can. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and is one of my favorite healing spices.
- 1/2 c Paleo mayonnaise (I use the Primal Kitchen brand)
- 2 Tb dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is gluten-free)
- 1 Tb ground turmeric
- 1 t curry powder
- 1/4 t salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 t fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 1/2 c sliced celery w leaves (~4 ribs)
- 1/2c finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c pecans (optional)
Mix the mayo, mustard and seasonings together in a large bowl until well combined. Then mix in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.