Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
This is an awesome recipe modified from one of my favorite chefs, Tyler Florence. His food is usually simple and he uses ingredients I wouldn’t always think to combine. This one also works great as an appetizer. The are made gluten-free and dairy-free by substituting a few ingredients.
- 1 cup organic canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tb curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Combine coconut milk, ginger, garlic and curry powder in a bowl. Add the chicken strips, coat and marinate up to 2 hours in the refrigerator. Soak wooden skewers while you wait. Once ready, thread the chicken lengthwise along the prepared skewer, weaving the chicken in and out. Grill the chicken 3-5 minutes per side.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp red chili paste or siracha
- 2 Tb brown sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup or less hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Puree the peanut butter, tamari, chili paste, brown sugar and lime juice in a small food processor. While the motor is running, slowly add the hot water to desired consistency – you may not need the full amount. Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve alongside the chicken satay.